Top Reasons Clever Paws training is important for your puppy:
- Exceptional results achievable from the first appointment.
- Reduced veterinary bills from potentially preventable situations such as fights between dogs and anxiety related injuries.
- Reduced expensive damage to property from issues such as excessive digging/chewing/toilet issues.
- Reduced training costs later in life by stopping behavioural issues at the start, before pattern becomes ‘set’ and much more costly and time consuming to solve.
- Increased bonding with puppy.
- Increased owner enjoyment.
- Puppy and owners life becomes easily integrated.
- Drastically decreased re-homing rate.
- Considered an investment, owner gains invaluable education and training material to use with both the specific puppy in training, and other dogs later on in life. With the ability to have 90% of each puppy’s training, on leash and off leash, completed before the puppy is 6 months old, the owner simply has to follow up with basic maintenance and is able to enjoy the company of a well behaved, trained puppy much earlier than traditionally expected.
Congratulations on seeking out the best start for your new addition to the family. While traditionally training was often left until a puppy was 6-12 months old, research now proves the very best age to start all the serious stuff (broken down of course!) is from 8 weeks old. As techniques have now evolved well above the also very traditional choker chain / smacking / yelling / yanking your dog into ‘good behaviour’; starting training at such a young age is very fun, as well as being both an integral part in bonding you and your puppy for life, and preventing nasty adult behavioural issues.
One on one puppy sessions are designed for new puppy families looking for the simple, effective solution in training for their new addition. Whether their concerns be toilet training, tempering separation anxiety, preventing unwanted biting, behavioural prevention, managing puppy chewing, socialising with the children, obedience training, or new puppy owners needing experienced and professional care and advice on all aspects of being a puppy parent, Clever Paws is there to help.
Each session is highly focused on training the puppy’s family in correct techniques to bring a well behaved, well integrated member of the family.
The term ‘prevention is better than cure’ is the simplest reason to start so young with your dog. As long as the clock is ticking, your dog is learning. The question is, what is it learning.
The important side of in home sessions is found in the ability to see your dog in its own area, walk you both through the whole training process step by step, fit solutions to your own unique situation and puppy, and actively prevent behavioral problems as your puppy grows up.
As with all training completed under our guidance, the biggest focus will always be on teaching the owners how to train their own puppies. The effect of a training session is designed to last long into the future.